4.01.2013

Weekend Recap & A Recipe


This is what it's all about!
I swiped this from a blog I follow. She got it from the site where it's sold as a printable. I would actually love to have a framed chalkboard and begin honing my skills on a chalkboard!


Friday night, Allison, Amelia and I went to Fellowship for a Good Friday service. I was really blessed by the service. That was the first Good Friday service that I've attended. It really set the tone for the weekend and got our hearts focused. Afterwards, we did a little shopping. While we were out, I told Allison that I imagine there will be many more GNO's in the future! This little lady loves girl time! 


Saturday morning, we headed to the East campus for an egg hunt, which had to be moved to the gym. There's a first time for everything, right?! 


We got to pet cute bunnies! She was afraid, at first, and then warmed up to them! I really want a bunny one day! 


 We headed down to Heart of Memphis rally at Tiger Lane. We had a blast! Amelia and I jumped in the Grizzlies moon bounce (gave me a birthday party idea!), we got to meet a panda bear, Easter bunny, green jelly bean, big chicken AND...


ELVIS!
This was a really cool rally where many different folks came together to celebrate our city. To my surprise, I was interviewed by ABC 24 and it was televised! I am not into being on tv, but was happy to be talking about bringing our city together! If you haven't seen it yet, here ya go!


After church, we attempted to snap some shots. I think candids are the best! (somebody needs a tan!)



Sunday afternoon, she headed out with cousins to hunt for yummy "chocit" filled eggs at Maw Maw & Paw Paw's house. (I had one of my skirts up cycled to a dress for little A. I thought it turned out so well! The head band was even part of the skirt too! All thanks to a sweet friend of a cousin from Facebook!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baked Apples

I had some apples that were desperately needing to be eaten. I came across a recipe today that seemed to fit. I adapted the recipe to the ingredients I had on hand and (excitedly) I made it Paleo approved! (I'm pretty sure).


before the bake


the finished product

Here's my adaptation...

INGREDIENTS:

~about 7 organic apples (because that's how many I had that were still edible), sliced and cut into bite size pieces
~3 Medjoole dates, pitted and cut into small pieces
~cinnamon, enough to dash on the entire dish
~Bragg's apple cider vinegar, probably 1/4 cup
~about 20 pecans, chopped

METHOD:

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Put apples and dates in single layer in a 9x13 pan. DASH cinnamon over the entire dish. SPLASH ACV over it. SPRINKLE pecans. BAKE for 20-25 minutes. 
ENJOY! 

No comments: