4.17.2013

What I Wore Wednesday?

It's hard to write what seems to be such a meaningless/surface-y post today, but I am reminded of the JOY that we can have in the Lord, even through weighty and difficult times. I'm struggling this week, but I am, "...not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me." (II Timothy 2:12)

So, once again, I am linked up to The Pleated Poppy to bring you this week's edition of WIWW!




This past weekend Bear and I got to travel to his old stomping grounds for a little getaway in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary that was in March. After we arrived in Lynchburg on Friday, we toured the Jack Daniels distillery. It is a beautiful tour that takes you through the grounds at such a historic place. 
The above pic is of me posing with a statue of Jack Daniel. It was funny because the tour guide told us that he was actually about five feet tall and wore a size four shoe! The artist depicted him as taller! :)


I chose an outfit for the trip to Lynchburg that could be comfy as well as something that didn't look too comfy, if you know what I mean? :) Not sweatpants and a t-shirt! HA! I've decided that I love wearing flats, but I'm not so sure they "love" me. They feel good, but don't do one thing for helping me look taller or leaner. I just wish heels/wedges were more comfortable. I guess we have to pay that (painful foot) price for beauty sometimes!


On Saturday, we walked around outside our b&b. This was our backyard! Beautiful! I had so much fun exploring! This trip confirmed to me that I could definitely be a "boy mom". HA! I wore my workout clothes for most of the day because we toured the neighboring towns and stopped by Tim's Ford Lake where Bear and his buds used to chill. This area of Tennessee is just breathtaking!


Monday was back to reality! :) I wore these jeans that I picked up at Walmart over the weekend. No! I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes I wear clothes from Walmart. Now, the key is to wear that Walmart piece WITHOUT looking too Walmart! Who wants to be mistaken for one of those "people of Walmart"?! These are a stretch for me, but they were so comfy (and we know how important that is in my line of work?). I had to grab them!



Now, I don't have those long and thin model legs, but I wanted to show a shot of my pants. Do you see it? Zipper on the legs! HA! Welcome back 80's! I just think these jeans are so fun and I will be wearing them the rest of the season! 


I hope you have a happy Wednesday and can get out and enjoy this beautiful (and short lived) Spring weather! 




No comments: