4.16.2013

Whom Shall I Fear?



I wanted to post about our anniversary weekend, but I just can't do it today. My heart is heavy after the horrific events of yesterday in Boston. The Lord was so faithful and kind to quickly remind me of His promises when I learned of the news yesterday afternoon. I immediately took it personally and got angry. That day was an event of a lifetime for so many runners and their families. As I have come toward the finish line of the marathons I've run, I immediately have a sense of joy and accomplishment. I cannot imagine the mixture of emotions and fear that overcame those dear runners and their families. I know how tiring it gets to push past mile 20, then on to 25 and finally mile 26. You can't wait to stop and walk and are just relieved to be finished. 

While this whole ordeal is so upsetting, the Lord graciously brought many verses to mind last night and this morning. I want to share a couple of verses and a hymn with you. 

I want to add that we must go on! We must run on! As believers, we are hidden in HIM! Nothing, nor no one can take that away from us! While I am deeply saddened and will be even more vigilant as I enter large crowds in the future, I will go with the same confidence that I have always had and be reminded that, "...You are from God and have overcome them, for HE who is in you is GREATER than he who is in the world." I John 4:4 (my emphasis added) 

Join me in praying for these that have lost loved ones and for the ones who have physical and emotional scars that will go with them for the remainder of their lives. I pray that many will come to know Him personally through this tragedy. 

Ultimately, this causes me to long for HOME even more!

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me." Psalm 138:7

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39


My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.



When darkness seems to hide His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.



On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.



On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.



On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Lyrics found here



No comments: