10.31.2012

Strawberry "Flatcakes" Redeemed!

So yesterday I saw those three pretty flat strawberry cakes in my freezer and I got one out. As it defrosted on my kitchen counter, I thought about what I could do with it. I decided to Google icing ideas. I found an icing made with Greek yogurt. (of course! :) So I was able to simply whip it up and I cut the cake into little squares and dabbed a bit of the icing on it and it was a yummy little dessert snack! I will be using this icing recipe more often! I got the recipe from here.

Here it is:


  • 1 C Greek yogurt (I used Fage Greek yogurt)
  • A good splash of vanilla extract (I used 1 t)
  • 1/2 C powered sugar, sifted
  1. Whisk all ingredients until they become a bit thick.
  2. Place in the fridge to thicken even more (at least 30 minutes). (I skipped this step)
  3. Spread on cupcakes (or little slices of strawberry "flatcakes" :)


Read more: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/05/greek-yogurt-frosting-healthy-frosting.html#ixzz2Au90GcuD

No comments: