10.18.2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

This doesn't sound too exciting, but after the security of leaving out the yucky ingredients, it has its appeal. I've been making my own taco seasoning for a few weeks now. We cook dishes that call for it at least once every other week. Last night I made chicken fajita spuds and I put the taco seasoning on the shredded chicken. It was yummy! Here is the recipe for the taco seasoning...



homemade taco seasoning Homemade Taco Seasoning



Ingredients

- 1part chili powder
- 1 part garlic powder
- 1 part ground cumin
- 1 part onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 part crushed red pepper

Directions

- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. I keep mine in the freezer.
- Use sparingly or liberally!



I found this recipe from http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/ via Pinterest (of course:).

Next, I'm going to make homemade cream of everything soup mix. :)

No comments: