11.13.2012

Golden Cauliflower Soup and Not Your Mama's Oatmeal

I've had many days, lately, where I am hungry, but nothing in the house looks good to eat.  I found a couple of things that were really yummy and I want to share them with you.

I decided to hurry and make soup with a head of cauliflower that I had laying around in my fridge. I made a recipe called Golden Cauliflower Soup. It was fairly simple, but took some prep work. I did this during the kid's nap time. Here are a few photos of the steps....


First, I chopped a head of cauliflower.


Then, chopped one onion and two large carrots.


Then, after simmering carrots and onion in melted coconut oil, I added the other veggies. They cooked for about 30 minutes.
The next step was to add the mixture to a blender and blend it all together. It was a very simple recipe to follow. The extra special thing was that Amelia loved it! 
In regular fashion, I don't have a pic of the finished product. I was too hungry. Ha! Here is a pic from the source.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later last night, I read a post from my friend, Grant. He began a blog about his journey as a vegan. It has been really inspiring for me. He posts lots of yummy recipes. Breakfast has become a hard meal for me to desire to eat. I was on a serious egg eating kick for about a year and for some reason I haven't wanted them consistently for the past few months. This oatmeal recipe looked good, so I tried it this morning. It was great! I followed his recipe and added my own twist.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oatmeal, I used quick cooking oats
about 1/4 cup raw vanilla protein powder, I used Garden of Life
about 1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup blueberries
half a banana
a couple splashes of maple syrup

Method:
I simply mixed all this in a bowl and nuked it for about 1 1/2 minutes.

It was fantastic! I will be making this again! This is the pic of the finished product. I know, it looks like garbage, but it is great!


No comments: