9.05.2012

Mini Mexican Pizzas

I made mini Mexican pizzas for dinner last night. I found the recipe on this blog via Pinterest. The ingredients aren't 100% wholesome, but some nights 90% or so will have to do. :) I used wheat tortillas and lean ground turkey. I doubled the recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand. After dinner, I said, "take that Bagel Bites"! :)

 I did feel really good about the fact that I used homemade taco seasoning that I mixed up that afternoon. I found that recipe here. It was super easy to mix up and I wish I had done it sooner. Now I can tweak it to make it more spicy or whatever and I'm not worried about MSG or preservatives!

 I have been using plain yogurt as a substitute for sour cream for a while. I topped my pizzas with that and salsa last night. They were yummy! It does sound weird to put something that I customarily a breakfast/dessert item on a dinner food, but try it and I think you will like it. I love Fage total 0% Greek yogurt. I use it in a lot of recipes and just like eating it plain too. It helps to cut the fat/calories in recipes and has wholesome ingredients. 

I meant to take a picture of my mini pizzas, but forgot. Bear gets home at 6:30, so we are all hungry and ready to gobble up dinner. I do, however, have this one of our Little Miss with a yogurt mustache. I was excited that she liked them because she isn't too fond of meat these days.


Do you use yogurt as a substitute for other ingredients in recipes? I'd love to hear ways that you use it too!

No comments: