I made the Chocolate Frosting. It was really simple. Here is the recipe below...
Milk Chocolate Frosting
(courtesy of: Family Circle dec.09)
- 4 bars milk chocolate, broken up (I used Hershey's)
- 1 box (1 pound) confectioners' sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2) stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place chocolate in a small saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Combine 1 cup of confectioners' sugar, the milk, the butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute. Add melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until good spreading consistency.
I used an idea from Fine Cooking (i believe) to top the cake with marshmallows and sprinkle with a bit of chocolate powder (used Hersheys Cocoa Powder). I slightly modified the Fine Cooking recipe...didn't make the marshmallows, bought the at the grocery! :) I think I will try that one day but decided against it this time.
I made it for a co-worker's birthday today and it slid a bit in the car, but was still delicious! :)