2.14.2010

The Vest

The other night I was perusing my sister's closet in search of a dress for a particular event and happened upon an interesting vest.  I asked her why she hadn't been wearing it and she just said, "ah, I don't know".  I asked if I could borrow it.  It was not something I would buy and, if you know me very well, not an item you would think I would pick out.  I guess because it was something different I decided to take it and wear it one day.  As soon as I got home (wearing it, of course), I asked Bear what he thought of it and he immediately says, with disgust, "that is ugly!".  I thought that was funny.  I decided to wear it the next day to work.  Below you can see the picture I had him take of me that day.


The morning I put it on to go to work, Bear says, "You are really going to wear that to work?" I said, "Yes!".  So on my way to work, I get almost there and a couple of thoughts pop into my head...one, "Oh my! I can't believe I really wore this thing!"  Then the second, "You know, this is really a test of self confidence for a girl." I am not one to every really want to "stand out" or whatever.  I know some of you may think, "what is the big deal with the vest?"  Well, I wanted to share with you some of the funny comments/looks I got throughout the day....

~"Oh, don't you look fancy today."
~strange looks from patients
~"Let me see your vest"
~"That looks warm!"
~Two sales reps enter the office, one says, "That looks stylish." The other (a gentleman) says, "Looks kind of like the neighborhood cat." "Meow!" (really, he made the sound!) And I don't know these people personally!. :)
~"Amanda, look at your pants!!" (The "fur" had shed on my brown pants and they were partially white. :)
~Finally towards the end of the day, the Fedex girl comes to pick up packages and says, "I like your vest!" and my office manager and I just crack up laughing.

Needless to say, it was quite the conversation piece for a usual hum-drum work day.  I told Michelle about all the "compliments" I got from it and she said, "You keep the vest." :)

7 comments:

Alyson said...

I like the vest!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this made me laugh! Hilarious!!

Annie

Laurin said...

I personally like it!

Stacey Hays said...

Wow! I wish I had made my appt. for that day. I would have loved to have seen it in person!

Lee said...

I laughed out loud reading this. For my two cents, I think the vest needs a super tall gal in it. I'm not a big risk taker with clothing though. Kudos on doing your own thaaaang.

Candace said...

I love it! It looks so cute on you!

In Definition said...

i love this post. not so much the vest...but the bravery in wearing it...definitely!